Are you facing buffering problem with your Roku MHz choice channel?
Do you have any issue in buffering the MHz choice channel? If yes, don’t worry we provide complete solution to your buffering issue. We are also well awake that Roku has its own site roku.com/link for giving support to the Roku users.
First of all, we will provide the troubleshooting steps to solve this problem. You can follow the following steps to solve buffering problem of Roku MHz choice channel
- Power cycle of your Roku player.
- Disconnect your Roku player from the power supply.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug the Roku device back into the supply by using with the USB cable.
- Connect Roku player to Wireless network and then sign into the roku.com/link account.
if your problem is fix, then it’s fine, but if problem is not solved, then you need to eliminate the particular channel from the channel store.
- Now Restart your modem
- Check the available internet speed: The min speed recommended for streaming the HD videos from best streamer services is 10Mbps.
Some additional points related to the wireless network- If you can use wireless network at home, then make sure that, there is no problem between Router and Roku player because this may few times affect the signal strength of a signal. The distance b/w the Router and Roku player should also be not more than fifteen meters. If Roku not working properly, then it means that there is some issue with your internet connection. If everything is ok but still you are unable to watch the information from Roku channels, then visit roku.com/link from your computer/laptop and identify the reason behind the issue.
This is all about the buffering issue. Now, If the issue is not fix then you are need to uninstall a particular channel from roku channel list and re-install it later, then you can follow the following steps:
Step 1: Eliminate the Roku channel from the Roku channel list:
- Open the Home screen of your Roku device.
- Click on the channel to open the channel options.
- Press the * star button from your roku remote.
- Click on Remove a channel option.
Step 2: Re-add the Roku channel:
- Go to ‘search’ menu option -> enter the name of the channel in search box and find selected channel. If you can not see anything on the screen, then it is recommended to perform a Roku system update.
- Select add channel option.
- If you want to see the recently added channel, then go to home screen and search channel from the channel list.
If you can try all these steps to fix buffering problem of Roku MHz choice. But your problem is not fix then you can choose roku.com/link support for solution of this problem. For more details visit http://www.comlinkentercode.com/myrokucom-link/.